The Foreman is the key link between the customer, the contractor and the crew. Properly trained Foremen are vital to the growth and success of our Union Contractors and Electricians.
Increased competition in our industry has created the need for highly effective leaders who are able to meet the demands of our increasingly challenging and competitive industry.
Contractors need leaders who can:
• Properly manage tools and materials
• Handle labor issues correctly
• Meet the demands of a tight job schedule
• Coach/mentor employees to peak performance
• Ensure a strong safety culture and work toward an injury-free workplace
• Communicate effectively
• Manage change
• Understand the budget and properly manage labor hours
• Effectively manage a job from start to finish
• Build teams at the jobsite and in the company
We are proud to offer this new program to our membership and contractors. Training is available directly at the contractor's location or through general continuing education classes at the training center.
There are 14 modules available to complete the entire series. Each module is approximately two hours. Classes will be scheduled in Tuesday/Thursday blocks of 4 modules each and can be taken independent of one another. The modules will be offered at least twice each year, the schedule repeating.
For more information contact: Beth at
or go online at www.nietc.org and look under the Journeyman Class Schedule tab.