Training Center Closure FAQ
NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Center Business Office
- The business office is closed for all non-essential functions
- For book purchases, please call to order, pay, and make arrangements to pick up your purchases at the Training Center
Apprenticeship Makeup Classes
- Makeup classes will be rescheduled after the Training Center reopens
- Re-rates will be applied after the originally scheduled makeup date (April 4)
- Term stipend checks will be mailed after the originally scheduled makeup date (April 4)
- Craft certification will be rescheduled after the Training Center reopens
- All skill building classes are canceled
Layoffs and Rotations
- Contact the NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Center for detailed instructions and to set up an individual appointment before coming to the Training Center
- Pending any updates to policies regarding gatherings, graduation has been postponed until the Fall
Cleaning and Disinfection of the Training Center
- A professional cleaning company will clean and disinfect the Training Center prior to reopening
Upcoming Apprenticeship Classes
- Spring term will likely shift to the Summer months (6/22/20 – 9/21/20) if reopening is permitted
- Summer term will likely shift to the Fall months (9/28/20 – 12/18/20) if reopening is permitted
- Any rescheduling will be determined at a later date once reopening is permitted; this will be based upon the duration of the closure.
- Keep your contact information up-to-date.
- Please discuss job-site concerns with your employer
- All Journeyman classes are canceled
- The new Journeyman class schedule will be released in June if reopening has been permitted
- Class fees for any canceled classes will be credited to your account.
- You can take CEU courses online – there are several providers:
• BlueVolt: www.go.bluevolt.com/default/s
• State CE: www.statece.com/electrician
• @Home Prep Education: www.athomeprep.com/shop/oregon-24-hour-electrical-package-continuing-education
- These are some suggestions; it is your responsibility to verify with OR and WA that they will accept these CEUs.
- Applications will not be accepted pending the re-opening of the NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Center
- This includes conditional applications for pre-apprenticeship graduates, veterans, and apprentices with 2000 hours of OJT through another electrical apprenticeship program
- Re-Interviews are postponed pending reopening
- If your re-interview was canceled, you will receive a letter with your new interview date when the Training Center reopens.
NIETC Electrical Training Alliance Pre-Apprenticeship
- The summer 2020 pre-apprenticeship program has been canceled. Future opportunities will be posted at www.nietc.org/pre-apprenticeship at least 30 days in advance.
If you have any questions that were not addressed by this FAQ memo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org