Training Center Closure FAQ
Effective 3/19/20 – 6/19/20, all non-essential activities have been cancelled or postponed pending an improved health environment.
We are providing some answers to frequently asked questions. New information and guidelines are being released regularly, and these policies may evolve as time goes on. Check our website for any updates.
NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Center Business Office
- The business office is closed for all non-essential functions
- For book purchases, please call to order, pay, and make arrangements to pick up your purchases at the Training Center
Apprenticeship Makeup Classes
- Makeup classes will be rescheduled after the Training Center reopens
- Re-rates will be applied after the originally scheduled makeup date (April 4)
- Term stipend checks will be mailed after the originally scheduled makeup date (April 4)
- Craft certification will be rescheduled after the Training Center reopens
- All skill building classes are canceled
Layoffs and Rotations
- Contact the NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Center for detailed instructions and to set up an individual appointment before coming to the Training Center
- Pending any updates to policies regarding gatherings, graduation has been postponed until the Fall
Cleaning and Disinfection of the Training Center
- A professional cleaning company will clean and disinfect the Training Center prior to reopening
Upcoming Apprenticeship Classes
- Spring term will likely shift to the Summer months (6/22/20 – 9/21/20) if reopening is permitted
- Summer term will likely shift to the Fall months (9/28/20 – 12/18/20) if reopening is permitted
- Any rescheduling will be determined at a later date once reopening is permitted; this will be based upon the duration of the closure.
- Keep your contact information up-to-date.
- Please discuss job-site concerns with your employer
- All Journeyman classes are canceled
- The new Journeyman class schedule will be released in June if reopening has been permitted
- Class fees for any canceled classes will be credited to your account.
- You can take CEU courses online – there are several providers:
• BlueVolt: www.go.bluevolt.com/default/s
• State CE: www.statece.com/electrician
• @Home Prep Education: www.athomeprep.com/shop/oregon-24-hour-electrical-package-continuing-education
- These are some suggestions; it is your responsibility to verify with OR and WA that they will accept these CEUs.
- Applications will not be accepted pending the re-opening of the NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Center
- This includes conditional applications for pre-apprenticeship graduates, veterans, and apprentices with 2000 hours of OJT through another electrical apprenticeship program
- Re-Interviews are postponed pending reopening
- If your re-interview was canceled, you will receive a letter with your new interview date when the Training Center reopens.
NIETC Electrical Training Alliance Pre-Apprenticeship
- The summer 2020 pre-apprenticeship program has been canceled. Future opportunities will be posted at www.nietc.org/pre-apprenticeship at least 30 days in advance.
If you have any questions that were not addressed by this FAQ memo, please email email@example.com