Be sure to read our Inside Electrician Program Description and Wages.
Apply On Line At: NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Center (Web Services). The NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Trust admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Required at the time of application
- Application Fee $35.00 Non-Refundable
Individuals with incomes below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines may apply for a fee waiver
- High School, GED or Associate Degree Transcripts And All Supporting Documents
- Transcripts for Math Requirement – See Minimum Requirements
Minimum Program Requirements
- At least 18 years of age – proof of age may be required
- High school graduate with a cumulative 2.0 GPA (C average)
- OR qualifying GED score of 255 if taken prior to January 1, 2002; 2550 if taken from 1/1/02-12/31/13; 600 if taken after 1/1/14.
- OR have completed an Associate Degree or higher from a school accredited by a State Education Agency
- High School, GED or Associate Degree transcripts required at time of application
- Minimum grade of “C” or better for one full year of high school algebra
- OR equivalent college algebra courses – Transcript required
- OR current math placement test results from a college indicating a placement level beyond high school level algebra – Transcript required
- OR if submitting a GED taken after 1/1/14, a minimum score of 150 on the Math portion of the test
- OR documentation of successful completion of online NJATC math course www.njatc.org
- Qualifying score on NJATC aptitude test to be scheduled by the training center
- Training Center will email applicants notification if they qualify or non-qualify. If application qualifies, applicant will take aptitude test the month after their application was received. (EX: June applicants will test in July). If application does not qualify, email will be sent stating the non-qualifying reason.
- If applicant passes aptitude test, Training Center will mail applicant notification of the date and time set for interview. (EX: Successful July test candidates will interview in August). Applicants who did not pass test will be notified and their application closed.
- Final ranking of new applicants will occur after interview is held. (EX: Candidates who interviewed in August will be placed on the ranked list in August).