How to Apply for the Apprenticeship
- Watch an informational orientation at www.nietc.org/applicants/apply/orientation-video/
- Determine which program you want to apply for.
- Make sure you meet the qualifications for the program you want to apply for.
- Individuals with incomes below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines may apply for a fee waiver. Make your request in an email to email@example.com and attach documentation of your income. A copy of a SNAP card will suffice.
- Do not upload application portfolio items. If you wish, you may bring 2 copies of your application portfolio to your interview.
- What you will need to have ready when applying:
- Debit or credit card to pay the $35 application fee, unless you have received a fee waiver. There is no fee for the Limited Residential Electrician Apprenticeship program.
- Transcripts in PDF format that show you meet the minimum educational requirements for the apprenticeship program.
- Military certificates, if applicable.
- Office staff will schedule you for the next available aptitude test at our Training Center. This can take 2 – 4 weeks. The aptitude test is not required for the Limited Residential Electrician Apprenticeship program. Note: There is a six-month waiting period before reapplying/retesting if the applicant does not pass the test.
- After passing the aptitude test, office staff will schedule you for the next available interview at our Training Center. This can take 2 – 4 weeks.
- After your interview, we will merge you onto the existing ranked list according to your interview score. You will remain on this list for two years or until we reach your number on the ranked list and we accept you into the apprenticeship, whichever comes first.
Ready to apply:
- Go to the Training center log in page. Click here
- Select “Create Account” and follow the prompts. If you already have an account, go to Step 3. Be specific when requesting an account (e.g. Applying for Inside program). Your new account will be authorized by the office during normal work hours. We will notify you via email when we approve your account.
- Log-in to your account, please verify your address and phone number are correct.
- Select “Applications” in the center top of the page.
- After reading the information on the page select the “Program of Interest” and “Start Application”
- Once purchased, the application will appear at the top of the page. Select “Continue”.
-only the programs that we are accepting applications for will show in the “Programs of Interest”
-you may log-in, edit, save and log out until complete or 30 days expire
-all areas must be complete before it is considered submitted
-all applications incomplete at the end of 30 days will be closed
-If incomplete after 30 days, the applicant will need to purchase a new application