Q. Why is this program only open to people on the ranked list?
- We have found that students are more successful with the apprenticeship curriculum when they already have a strong math foundation because they can focus on industry skills.
Q. I am not on the ranked list because I am having difficulty passing the algebra part of the aptitude test. What are my options?
- We recommend taking a college placement math test at your local community college to determine your current math level. Take college math classes if you think having a teacher on hand will be helpful. If you don’t need a teacher on hand, you can take classes online (Khan Academy Algebra and Tech Math are good choices). We recommend seeking the help of a professional counselor if you experience test anxiety.
Q. I submitted my transcripts when I applied for the apprenticeship. Do I need to upload my qualifying transcripts?
- Yes, you will need to upload a new set of qualifying documents.
Q. How do I qualify as a low-income applicant (185% below Federal Poverty Guidelines)?
To calculate where your household fall in terms of percentage of Federal Poverty Guidelines click here and:
- Divide your income by the poverty guideline listed for your household size
- Carry the decimal two places to the right
- Add a percentage sign, and you have your answer
You will need to submit one of the following:
- 2020 state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- SNAP card or a letter verifying SNAP eligibility
Q. How do I qualify as a disability applicant?
- Please upload signed documentation from your medical provider (within 5 years) of your disability and necessary accommodation.
Q. How do I qualify as a veteran/spouse of a veteran?
- Please upload your or your spouse’s DD214. If you are active duty or reserves, please upload your current Military ID.
- If you are the spouse of a veteran, please upload documentation of the marrage.