Population Served by Grant: Women, black, indigenous, and people of color, veterans, spouses of veterans, persons with disabilities, persons with income below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines
GPA or GED Requirement; one of the following:
- High school or college graduate from a state-accredited school with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- GED with one of the following minimum scores:
- Prior to 01/01/02 – 255
- 01-01-02 – 12/31/13 – 2550
- After 01/01/14 – 600 with a minimum score of 150 on the math test
Algebra Requirement; one of the following:
- High school or college algebra (full year) with a C or better*
- College algebra with a C or better*
- GED math test score, taken after 01/01/14, with a minimum score of 150
- College placement test with placement into Math 95 or higher
- Successful completion of the ETA online Tech Math class found here: www.njatc.utk.edu
- *Must be algebra – not pre-algebra, geometry, calculus, etc.
- Legible copy of valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a drug test; the electrical industry does not permit cannabis use
- If disability, signed documentation from medical provider (within 5 years) of disability and necessary accommodation
- If a veteran, submit a copy of DD-214
- If low-income, proof that income is below 150% of the federal poverty guideline (see FAQ at www.nietc.org/pre-apprenticeship)
- Must be 18 years of age or older by the start of the on-the-job training
Dependable transportation is a necessity for training and employment in the electrical industry. An electrical worker is responsible for reporting to their job site, which might be over 50 miles away, often by 6:00 am. Public transportation is almost never adequate. Given the hours and location of the pre-apprenticeship program’s related classroom instruction and on-the-job training, public transportation may fail to get you to and from home to job-site, to class and back home.
The geographical area covered – State of Oregon: Clatsop, Clackamas, Columbia, Hood River, Multnomah, Sherman, Tillamook, Wasco, Washington Counties, and Yamhill County North of Section Line T45. State of Washington: Clark, Cowlitz, Klickitat, Skamania, and Wahkiakum Counties.